Geotechnical Systems Engineer
Our client based in Hook is looking to recruit a Geotechnical Systems Engineer to join their expanding facility. Our client has been at the forefront of designing computer-controlled systems to evaluate mechanical properties and is highly regarded within the geotechnical engineering design sector. Our client exports to over 70 countries worldwide and take pride in their company mission and vision statements which underpins their core staff values.
The role of a Geotechnical Systems Engineer is a vital customer facing role where the engineer will be an ambassador for our client working in the office and in customer laboratories internationally. In addition to having a good understanding of our client’s equipment and its operation the role demands a high standard of personal presentation and excellent communication skills. The role is varied and requires the appointee to be organised, methodical, keen to handle multiple tasks and flexible in their approach to work.
· Preparation and maintenance of product manuals.
· System assembly and QA testing for customer orders ready for shipment.
· In-house testing and calibration of products and systems.
· Preparation, maintenance and implementation of internal technical procedures.
· De-bug and problem solve issues with customer systems and products both on-site and in the field via phone, email & on-site support.
· Recording and updating of documentation associated with QA and customer orders.
· Supporting non-technical staff.
· Installation of company’s equipment and the provision of any associated training at customers’ premises both in the UK and internationally.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum graduate level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer or similar, ideally with some experience in geotechnical lab testing. Experience of writing papers or other technical literature an advantage.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both oral and written.
· Ability to quickly learn in-house developed software packages.
· A basic understanding and confidence to work with electronic/electrical components and systems.
· Ability to think logically and problem solve software, mechanical and electrical issues.
· The capability to independently manage time and prioritise work whilst maintaining agreed deadlines.
· A flexible approach to work and be prepared to work with any member of the team.
· The desire to learn new ideas and concepts.
· Experience of Microsoft office for report writing and scientific data interpretation.
· Company bonus scheme
· Share incentive scheme
· Workplace pension scheme
· General life assurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Free daily catered lunch
· Free fruit delivered weekly
· Cycle to work scheme
· Wellbeing break out area
· Wellness activities and incentives
Interested in this job? Call us on: 0118 981 1110