Our Client based in Farnborough are looking for a Strategic Buyer on a permanent basis, our client have 4 Manufacturing plants worldwide along with R&D and repair capabilities. Their world renowned expertise, place them at the forefront of suppliers. They have approximately 200 employees in their UK facility which is heavily focused on Design and manufacture.
This is a role requires a dynamic and energetic buyer capable in solving the root cause of problems and delivering the solution. They shall operate in a fast paced Purchasing and Operations environment and shall be capable of being flexible in managing and prioritising a number of issues. A highly varied role where project management, contract knowledge, negotiation and influencing skills will be utilised. This role is an opportunity for a buyer to progress to a new level and they will be supported by a broad depth of experience within the Supply Chain team.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure the security of the supply chain by managing and selecting high performing suppliers within distinct commodity groups reaching the required levels in support of overall business objectives. This is a strategic role, with actions driven out by operations needs and risks identified by all levels within the supply chain as a whole. The day to day running of the supply chain will be carried out by Operational Buyers. The Purchasing team are within the Supply Chain function providing production materials and services operating within an MRP environment.
· Manage a defined range of commodities and key suppliers driving improvements to the “5 Rights” in support of the business objectives.
· Be able to take responsibility for actions and keep hold of issues whilst delivering the solution to all root causes - not quick fixes.
· Communicate well as part of a team
· Ensuring queries are resolved quickly for the tactical level
· Identify risk within the supply chain and manage the appropriate plans to address these in line with recognised tools and standards.
· Contribute to and lead key improvement projects related to systems and processes in use both within the department and cross-functionally.
· Perform business and performance reviews of suppliers
· Identify and deliver cost down initiatives, period on period.
· Provide costs and view opportunities and alternatives providing long term lowest cost solution.
· Support and provide a commercial interface for purchase of non-production requirements.
· Provide support for NPI and Innovation projects
· Previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment, Aerospace/medium batch high variety
· Previous proven experience of managing sourcing solutions and supply chain problems within the external supply chain.
· Commercially astute
· Confident and professional manner in dealing with suppliers and internal customers
· Demonstrable experience and success in previous role
· Task performance driven and keen to progress
· A strong individual capable of working on own initiative whilst being a good team player
· Experienced in managing, interpreting and analysing purchasing data with strong IT skills.
· Use of MRP system for in a manufacturing & production environment.
· Understanding and experience of export regulations and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
· Business/Commercial audit experience
· Experience in a Lean manufacturing / Supply Chain
· MCIPS or studying towards MCIPS
· Qualification in engineering or business discipline (ideally degree qualified) or experience in working in a technical environment.
· Customer Focus: knows how and understand the needs of internal and external customers. Is result oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
· Ethics and Values: adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance.
· Integrity and Trust: widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
· Values Diversity: supports fair and equal treatment of all
· Problem Solving: Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
· Functional technical skills: possesses the skills to be effective in the job and has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment
· Listening: practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
· Action orientated: full on energy, willing to take action.
· Composure: cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected is a settling influence
Interested in this job? Call us on: 0118 981 1110