Senior Systems Engineer
As a result of growing demands for our award winning range of diesel engines and a number of exciting engine development programmes, we are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. The post will suit an individual looking for an opportunity to develop their career within a fast paced organisation at the cutting edge of engine design and development.
You will be responsible for taking new engine systems and components from concept to flawless launch, ensuring a robust system/component sign-off meeting all regulatory, quality, cost and timing requirements.
Deliver engine systems/components from concept to delivery – from specification, through analysis, testing and development, to engineering sign-off.
· Create system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) – using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions.
· Develop system and component FMEAs, and DVPs.
· Co-ordinate and supervise DVP tests/analyses (analytical, rig, engine and machine)
· Resolve engineering issues using recognised methodologies
· Write systems test and development technical reports for own responsible areas
· Support programme gateways and reviews
· Support engineering sign-off with robust test and validation data and technical reports
· Provide clear communication and support to all customers, engineering teams and suppliers:
o Coordination with other functional areas, such as programme teams, purchasing, quality, other development teams
o Monitor and report status to relevant parties
o Highlight issues in a timely and appropriate manner
· Supplier management:
o Work in a simultaneous engineering environment to support the development plan, ensuring design for manufacture and assembly.
o Manage suppliers via the APQP process
o Work with suppliers to deliver prototypes and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements
· Communicate lessons learned; propose design guide/process updates.
· Working level experience of 2d drawing and 3d modelling in Siemens/Unigraphics NX platform advantageous
· Working level experience of PLM tool (e.g. Siemens Teamcentre) advantageous
In addition to a passion for engineering, a proven track record of delivery, and a desire to be ‘hands-on’ with projects from concept to completion, the candidates will:
· Have a degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline, with a sound understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles (showing an attention to detail, and being data driven).
Have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools)
· Ideally, have experience with an engine manufacturer or Tier 1 supplier
· Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness
Be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
· Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
Show flexibility - the role requires travel to customer and supplier sites
Engineering Degree or equivalent
Interested in this job? Call us on: 0118 981 1110