Qualified Teacher (Maths, English and Life Skills)
Our client based in Basingstoke are looking for a Teacher with Maths and English to join their privately run facility. The ideal candidate would be somebody that wants to make a difference, have empathy, care and patience to help young people to learn and gain qualifications.
● Teaching Functional Skills, Maths and English plus employability and life skill sessions.
● Develop relationships with learners in order to support their needs.
● Engage and encourage learners to participate in learning.
● Differentiate tasks and strategies to provide bespoke support for a variety of needs.
● Support learners to progress towards personal and academic goals and targets.
● Work with small groups and 1:1.
● Complete daily evaluations and contribute to termly academic, SEMH and growth mind-set progress monitoring
● Maintain registers and other records as necessary.
● At the end of each session prepare the learning environment for the followingsession.
● Attend all session briefings and meetings with managers and staff to keep up to date with individual learner progress.
● Attend team meetings and case reviews.
● Attend all safeguarding and child protection training and be aware of company procedures at all times.
● Adhere to our policies.
● Qualified teacher - essential
● Awareness of factors impacting on and issues facing vulnerable children and young people and families (e.g. disadvantage, poverty, disability, mental health) - essential
● Knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children – essential
● Have a creative approach - essential
● Knowledge and experience of supporting mental health needs - desirable
● Knowledge and experience of SEND - desirable
● Knowledge of child/young people development - desirable
● Knowledge of learning strategies and behaviour management and experience in planning and implementing- desirable
● Interest in keeping up with the latest research in education, mental health and young people - essential
● Experience in embedding latest research in education, mental health and young people - desirable
● Experience of direct work with children and young people - essential
● Experience of applying safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures - essential
● Ability to listen to and communicate effectively with children and young people – essential
● Ability to build trusting relationships with young people conducive to a learning environment - essential
● Ability to work as part of a team - essential
● Ability to accurately and clearly record case notes with a good standard of writing and IT skills – essential
● Ability to adapt and differentiate teaching and resources - essential
● To undertake other duties as reasonably deemed appropriate by the Head.
● This document will form the focus for Performance Management and will be integral in any subsequent review.
● We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
● The post holder is responsible for ensuring that all child protection policies are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies.
● This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. As with all posts, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of their right to work in the UK and, if they have lived abroad, overseas police clearance/s will need to be sought.
Interested in this job? Call us on: 0118 981 1110