Our Client based in Basingstoke is looking to recruit a Purchasing Specialist on contract for a period of 6 weeks. The company is looking to commercialise its bespoke Sensor multiphase flow meter from the current position of testing a prototype in the field, to offering a full production MPFM to the market. An important aspect of this plan is to transition the current bill-of-materials (BOM) relating to a one-off build of the field prototype meter into a BOM for a commercial variant(s) and costed for larger volumes, i.e., 10-off, 50-off, 100-off etc. The Purchasing Specialist will therefore be required to engage with both existing suppliers and prospective new suppliers, perhaps also leveraging on their own address book in the process, to develop the commercial BOM(s), supplier and subcontract base. This role is to be based at our facility in Basingstoke, Hampshire, but the Purchasing Specialist may be required to undertake some travel to meet with suppliers etc.
This role will be initially on a fixed-term contract and requires the successful candidate to act as the Company’s primary purchasing representative when working with suppliers and subcontractors to develop the BOM(s) and pin down costings. The Purchasing Specialist will work alongside a multidisciplinary team of engineers to ensure that we have a complete, detailed and fully-costed bill-of-materials for our commercial MPFM that also provides management with an understanding of what cost savings are available with growing volumes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Take ownership of and develop the company’s BOM records by liaising with external suppliers and subcontractors;
• Documenting and maintaining the BOM as designs change as a consequence of design changes. field-testing results, client feedback and Notified Body testing;
• Documenting and maintaining supplier and subcontractor records, including key contact data, links to related BOM item quotes, lead-times, quality accreditation etc.; and
• Keep management updated with ongoing progress.
• Expertise in purchasing components and sub-assemblies, particularly in the fields of instrumentation, sensors and/or electronics;
• A professional attitude and task ownership ethos;
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal & external stakeholders;
• Must be legally permitted to work in the UK; and
• Must have a valid UK Driver’s Licence.
Interested in this job? Call us on: 0118 981 1110