Progression and Opportunities Coach
Our Client based in Basingstoke are a Leading alternative education provider who are looking to recruit a Progression and Opportunities Coach, our client are looking for someone that wants to work term time (38 weeks per annum) Our client requires experience and enthusiasm to motivate and inspire young people. This role will be based in a college. The aim is to identify and set up external volunteering, work experience or activities for learners which will broaden their timetable and develop new skills and experiences.
You will also be accompanying young people and coaching them at various sites, you will assist in building confidence in a therapeutic manner. Monitoring and evaluating all delivery is essential, plus the use of own car to transport learners (mileage expenses paid).
· Develop positive and nurturing relationships with learners to support their needs and enable personal development and emotional progress.
· Engage and encourage learners to participate in new opportunities and experiences to develop their skills.
· Identify and set up new learning opportunities in the community, including volunteering opportunities, work experience, taster days and introductions to activities.
· Complete risk assessments and Health and Safety checks with placement providers.
· Promote the importance of mental health and well-being, including the benefits of interaction in the community. Plan and deliver information and/or employability sessions for learners with SEN and mental health needs.
· Support learner confidence, self-esteem and positivity to promote progress
· Complete daily session evaluations, focusing on learner personal development
· Maintain registers and complete case studies
· Attend team meetings, case reviews and relevant training
· Transport learners to external venues in their own vehicle when necessary.
· Creative, personable and patient individual
· Passion to support young people in achieving their goals and experience of successfully engaging young people with SEND and/or mental health needs
· Ability to develop strong relationships with referral partners, training providers and employers
· Strong interpersonal skills. Approachable, adaptable and supportive to the range of stakeholders involved in this programme.
· Ability to develop strong rapport
· Experience of working with young people
· Keen to develop skills and new initiatives
· Be a strong independent worker with good time management skills
· An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required.
· To undertake other duties as reasonably deemed appropriate by the Head of the College and the CEO
· Post holder must hold a valid UK driving licence and insurance which covers their vehicle for business use
· This document will form the focus for performance management and will be integral in any subsequent review
· The post holder must attend all safeguarding and child protection training and be compliant with the college child protection procedures at all times
· Adhere to all college policies
Working with young people aged 16-25. Working with young people with special educational needs.
Display Screen Equipment: Laptop Transport: Use of own or public transport
Interested in this job? Call us on: 0118 981 1110