Product Development Manager
Our Client based in Hertfordshire are looking for a Product Development manager, on a permanent basis. You will take ownership of their entire product range, managing and coordinating product development projects.
Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure the organisation offers market leading design, quality and service which meets and exceeds customer expectations.
Be accountable for the effective change management of product design and /or specification and the introduction of any new products or services to the range.
Be responsible for new product or service introduction from concept to successful implementation, coordinating and collaborating with all relevant stakeholders.
· Take overall accountability and responsibility for the development and successful execution of new products and services which support and compliment the product range.
· Engage with the Marketing department to research and monitor industry developments ensuring the business stays abreast of changes in the market.
· Ensure current and new products are designed to take advantage of government environmental initiatives and / or funding opportunities.
· Ensure current and new products are designed and manufactured to meet a net zero carbon footprint target.
· Work closely with the Marketing team to recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines.
· Work closely with the Marketing team to assess market competition by comparing the company’s products and services to those of our competitors
· Prepare cost / benefit analysis and supporting business cases to support new product / service development for review and approval by Board of Directors.
· Be accountable for overall development of scope, delivery of project milestones and delivery of project goals.
· Be responsible for new product and service launch plans.
· Work closely with the Manufacturing and Quality teams to design, evaluate, and resolve technical feasibility, design optimisation and production issues.
· Work closely and collaboratively with other departments to establish design, technology, development, vendor, and execution strategy.
· Formulate and manage project budgets
· Work with Business Analytics and Finance Analytics teams to produce appropriate management information and analysis
· Research Intellectual Property registrations to ensure there is no infringement risk
· Manage the process of Intellectual Property registrations where applicable on behalf of the client
· Be responsible for the management and maintenance of live product database and ensure this is reflected in all relevant internal systems.
· Rationalise existing product lines where this is appropriate and will release working capital to better effect.
· Ensure marketing and promotional literature match product specifications
· Design communication strategies which inform and educate all stakeholders on the product line
· Work with Technical Training to design the content and delivery programmes for existing and new product lines.
Interested in this job? Call us on: 0118 981 1110