Customer Service/Demand Manager
Working as a member of the Demand Management team responsible for managing a nominated group of customers.
Key functions include managing the customer relationship acting as the primary customer interface, and to manage, monitor and report on their associated order book and demand signal.
The primary objective is to ensure customer expectations are exceeded and to manage customer orders and demand efficiently.
· Primary point of contact and interface with designated customers
· Receive orders and maintain the demand in ERP recognising fixed time fences and agreed Customer fixed windows
· Liaise with customers in regards to orders, delivers, OTD performance, customer enquiries
· Ensure correct forecast consumption is maintained in ERP where applicable.
· Acknowledge demand, either directly or through customer portal as necessary.
· Report on contractual safety stock levels where required
· Manage exception process with customer demand e.g. time-fence violations
· Support the business reporting process (order bookings, sales revenue, arrears and OTIF)
· Provide input to and support for the monthly sales and operations meeting
· When notified forward customer feedback and complaints to respective departments through the appropriate channels escalating issues when required to do so.
· Handle customer queries e.g. invoices, proof of delivery, certificate of conformity and packing lists
· Identify any special customer order requirements and support the export license application process with trade compliance.
· Validate order and organise a sales order review as required
· Identify requirements for correct master data within Baan system to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
· Attends and support customer meetings relating to their activity
· Maintain a database for customer score cards (OTD / Quality / PPM) as required
· Manage the recovery plan when relevant with the customer
· Provide quotes when required based on price list and standard terms and conditions provided by Sales Manager including repairs
· Support business processes, Continuous Improvement activities and internal sales team as required.
· Knowledge/understanding of MRPII.
· Good customer interaction experience, including customer relationship management.
· Competence in the use of ERP systems and PC packages such as MS Word and Excel.
· Practical experience of demand management within the aerospace industry is preferred
· No specific qualifications required
· Highest levels of personal integrity and honesty
Interested in this job? Call us on: 0118 981 1110