Our client based in Basingstoke is looking for a Commercialisation Engineer to join their team, to assist with the launch and growth of their Sensor multiphase flow meter from a successful field-test prototype to a commercially available product by acting as a key interface with electromechanical third-party contractors in the drive towards meeting remaining commercialisation challenges. This role is to be based in Basingstoke, although some travel will be required in order to meet and work effectively with contractors and other stakeholders. If you want to play an important role within an exciting new technology company ready to disrupt the multiphase flow metering sector, this could be the right fit for you.
This role demands a highly-motivated, self-starter with previous practical experience in productionising technology, ideally in the oil and gas industry, and with the requisite skills to contribute significantly to the manufacturing development of the Company’s electronics, composite pipe, sensors, cabling & connectors and accredited safety solutions. The Commercialisation Engineer will play a key role taking a successfully-tested prototype MPFM through to making the product manufacturable and commercially available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Delivering design solutions for key characteristics fand future product variants;
• Implementing manufacturing quality assurance, design-for-manufacture and vendor qualification processes, ensuring that electromechanical and instrumentation assemblies meet specification and adhere to relevant safety standards, troubleshooting any issues;
• Maintaining and keeping up-to-date parts inventory, organising manufacturing areas, putting in place JIT manufacturing process/systems and CAD drawings;
• Participating in the development and testing of calibration protocols for both existing and new products;
• Acquiring hands-on experience of building and testing from sensor head through to electronics and data capture on computer systems, performing data analysis and presenting results to key stakeholders; and
• Maintaining up to date and detailed documentation such as: user manuals or work instructions, inspection plans, technical reports, marketing materials, models & design data, and BOM & test data.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Ideally educated to degree level and/or holding a recognised qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering discipline, with proficiency in the use of CAD, preferably Solidworks;
• Relevant previous experience with flow meter technology, measurement instrumentation, sensors and/or data interpretation.
• Proficient in design-for-manufacture techniques incorporating the need to adhere to safety accreditations;
• Track record of working with third parties to provide results on time and on budget;
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal & external stakeholders;
• Must be legally permitted to work in the UK and must have a valid UK Driver’s Licence.
Interested in this job? Call us on: 0118 981 1110