of the job:
Act as the Quality and Reliability representative on
new product introduction teams.
• Ensure that customer and company quality, regulatory and business
management system requirements are fulfilled.
Manage reliability testing.
• Act as the primary customer interface for Quality and Reliability issues
on new projects, including external design reviews.
• Execute Quality Engineering NPI project tasks including FAIR's, FMECA's,
PFMEA's, Collation of lessons learned, QCP's, Compliance documentation and Risk
• Execute Reliability Engineering NPI tasks including FMECA's, Test
reports, co-ordination of lab and field testing, specifying test schedule to
ensure compliance with customer requirements
• Co-ordinate concessions/production permits for new products.
• Investigate root causes of NPI product related failures ensuring
effective containment and permanent corrective actions.
• Assist in development of improved processes and procedures to reduce NPI
lead time and ensure that quality is 'built-in'.
• Conduct process audit/assessments with recommendations for
improvement/compliance where necessary to assure quality of NPI products.
• Assist in generation of DAT and Qualification schedules and reports.
• Manage priorities for quality and reliability engineering effort across
• Develop methodologies for reliability testing of Advanced Sensors products,
in conjunction with customers as appropriate, to comply with specification
requirements and maximise the benefit to the company.
& specialist training required:
in electromechanical engineering or equivalent professional qualification
experience in a similar role in aerospace or other electromechanical environment
Knowledge of aerospace quality management system requirements
of reliability and environmental testing