The Technical Group Leader is required to lead and
supervise their team and manage the test & qualification environment
activities. The products are typically sensors that look at gas turbine engine
setting up and performing testing including temperature cycling,
vibration, shock and climatic.
writing on product evaluation.
that Laboratory Procedures are kept up to date.
and repair of mechanical and electrical test equipment.
calibration or testing with external test houses.
vibration fixture design and appropriate manufacture.
with test failure investigations.
in the development of new products.
Reliability testing and stress screening.
technical support to Test Technicians.
and approval of test schedules.
of tests in conjunction with the BU and Innovation needs. Working with the
NPI and Innovation teams determine the future equipment needs of the
department and resource these appropriately.
Location : Located in
Bourges or Farnborough managing across BUs as required for the OU
Directly report to the General Engineering Manager
with a day to day working relationship with the PMO and BU Engineering teams.
Tasks will include
Support the BUs to ensure that the BU delivers
according to its budgets
Axle : Profitable New Business
Support the PMO and Innovation teams across all OU
(Operating Unit) BUs to meet all the assigned project/program objectives
including delivery, quality, cost, reliability and optimisation of profit with
Axle : Productivity and cost improvement
Propose to the General Engineering Manager actions
and solutions aimed at improving team efficiency, reducing costs, speeding up
the testing whilst respecting the General Engineering or project/program budget
Line management of the Test & Qualification Team
between 3-6 people.
Motivate, drive and challenge the Team to improve
individual, team and functional performance.
Ensure that engineering reports receive sufficient
technical guidance, supervision and training. Noting that these inputs may be
provided by any suitably qualified senior personnel within Test &
Regular reporting of major achievements, issues and
next steps as agreed with the General Engineering Manager.
Risk review developing designs and ensure
appropriate level of technical attendance at internal and, if required,
external design reviews.
Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
English Level 3 (France)
• Comprehensive knowledge of aviation and industrial regulatory procedures.
• Proven experience in an environmental test environment and vibration
• Previous proven experience in a calibration environment with an emphasis
on thermocouple calibration
• Knowledge of aerospace specifications and quality methods.
• Experience of set up and use of data logging equipment.
• Easy to talk to, able to put others at ease.
• Sets direction, distributes work, lays out clear plans, is organised.
• Relates well to others and can build rapport across the organisation
• Empowers others, creates a climate in which people want to do their best,
shares ownership and visibility.
• Able to orchestrate effective use of all available resources.
• Ability to develop schedules and task/people assignments.
• Takes appropriate action when necessary; faces up to problem people or
• Treats employees as adults and maintains equitable relationships
• Reliable performer who can be counted on to achieve consistent results.
• Able to broadly share responsibility and accountability.