of the job:
to the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for the receipt and
processing of customer returns, conducting root cause failure investigations,
data entry and maintenance of the company’s software database and for writing
will be responsible for the receipt & processing of customer returned
parts, the investigation into determining the root cause of the problem &
for writing the investigation report.
• Perform electrical, functional and
calibration tests to set procedures.
• Conduct examinations and strip-down
investigations of defective products.
• Prepare and examine samples and
metallographic sections using basic practical metallurgical techniques.
• Compile product investigation reports
for internal and customer use.
• Investigate the root cause of product
manufacturing failures and facilitate the problem owner or team using 8D, DMAIC
methodologies or other quality tools.
• Assist Quality Engineering with the
formulation and implementation of containment and permanent corrective actions.
• Interface with customer Product Support
and Quality functions to gather data on product performance and liaise on
product failure investigations.
• Identify opportunities for product
• Maintain & update investigation
logs & metrics
Assist improvement initiatives on
manufacturing product quality.
Support other key Quality Assurance
functions wherever necessary. This may include involvement in auditing, FAIR
approval to AS9102 or Delegated Quality Release support.
& specialist training required:
• Robust engineering background ideally
with metallurgical knowledge
• Methodical & logical approach to
• Understanding of root cause analysis
• Able to work to tight deadlines with
• Responsible for the Quality
Investigations Lab equipment, standards, audits, training and stock
• Adherence to written instructions and
• A minimum of intermediate ability with
Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
• An HNC or NVQ equivalent in Mechanical
Engineering, Production Engineering or Materials Engineering. Three years
relevant practical experience in lieu of formal qualifications may be
• Knowledge of customer and regulatory
• Ability to read and understand
• Metrology skills.
• Numeracy and written skills.
• Quality engineering knowledge.
• Understanding of AS13001, AS9102
• Auditing experience
• Maintenance of 5S standards.