Engineer supports the Quality Manager in the coordination & maintenance and improvement of
the quality management system, including auditing, corrective & preventive action
management of processes and procedures.
MAJOR ROLES with SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
quality improvements in production using lean and continuous improvement tools and
2. Supporting the Quality Manager in the
management of the QMS and related activities.
liaison, providing support to customers on returns and internal departments in support
of quality issues, corrective and preventative actions and QMS auditing.
4. Continuous Improvement of procedures and
processes to improve efficiency, accuracy and consistency in production.
• Quality review of customer’s new product
introduction ensuring all characteristics are considered within production planning procedures and build processes.
• Process product returns and where
applicable raise 8D forms to learn lessons from root causes.
• Liaise with customers on status of
• Report on overall returns, root causes
& analysis and initiate process improvements where applicable.
• Liaise with production inspection in
relation to fault reporting & analysis and initiate improvements on results.
• Process production maintenance &
calibration requirements and maintain schedule.
• Support quality manager in review of key
• Part of company internal audit team in
support of the QMS maintenance.
• 5+ years of working in a similar role.
o Good knowledge of
electronic assembly is preferred, including;
o PCB level component
o PCB technologies.
o Cable assembly.
o Mechanical assembly.
• An understanding of customer BOMs,
gerber data and assembly drawings.
• Experience of working with NCRs, CAPA/CAR
• Experience of QMS based on ISO 9001.
• Experience of dealing directly with
customers and suppliers to provide feedback on
production queries, either via email/phone or face to face as and when
• Good communication and reporting skills,
both verbal and written. With the ability to communicate across all areas of the business.
• High level of IT literacy in Outlook,
Excel and Word.
• Training as a Lead Auditor would be
of Lean or Continuous improvement tools including 5S & Six Sigma would be beneficial.
• Positive work ethic.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to multitask effectively and work
well under pressure.
• Can do attitude with a Continuous
• High level of drive and self-motivation.
description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the
scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job
holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or
working conditions associated with the position.