client is looking for an Electronics Buyer to support the Purchasing Manager
and Sales Team with the creation and processing of Customer requests for
quotation, purchases and additional administrative tasks.
- Purchase Order
– prepare quotations for PCB and Cable assemblies, using customer-supplied
data, accurately and in a timely manner, including;
- Regular processing of MRP.
- Creation of 1:1 Purchase Orders for WO.
- Creation of Purchase Orders to cover shortages and ad-hoc
- Creation of Purchase Orders to maintain Minimum stock levels at
- Progressing of Purchase Orders.
- Sending and discussing request for quotation with suppliers.
- Use of competitive quote methods to meet targets whilst focusing
on cost reduction and optimal lead times.
Introduction (NPI) Processing – loading and checking customer bills
of material into the MRP system (Factory Master).
Reporting – creation and
assessment of assigned internal reports.
- Supporting and communicating with the Sales department to provide
accurate cost competitive quotations within defined targets and time
- Processing Sales Order Receipt and CRF documents.
- Loading Sales Orders.
• Process and finalise accurate, cost
effective and lead time optimal quotations within 4 working days.
Production Introduction (NPI) processing, supporting the NPI lead with the
loading of new assemblies within the assigned task target to facilitate loading
of Sales Order within 4 working days.
• Twice per week – run MRP, ordering all
component requirements with 2.5 working days.
• Daily – review and action Purchase Order
items 1 day late report.
• Daily – review and action Purchase
Order acknowledgements report.
• Daily – create ET/ES Daily Kit Status
• Twice per week – create YP, On Hold and
SC Daily Kit Status reports.
• Daily – run Part Number Audit.
• Keep your area of responsibility
maintained clean and organised always.
minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Purchasing role, ideally in Electronics,
but other industries will be considered.
Experience of dealing direct with Far East suppliers is preferred, but
• Familiarity with;
o Electronic components.
o PCB Assembly
o Cable Assembly
o Mechanical Assembly
• Experience of working with MRP systems.
• Good communication and reporting
skills, both verbal and written.
• Good level of IT literacy in Outlook
• Ability to speak Mandarin would be a
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Can do attitude with a Continuous
• Ability to take ownership and work to
• Positive work ethic.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently under
minimal supervision when required.
• Ability to multitask effectively and
work well under pressure.
job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding
the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job
holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or
working conditions associated with the position.